History

2011

Established NIPPON FELT(SHANGHAI) CO., LTD. in Shanghai, China
In May 2011, we established a subsidiary in China mainly focused on sales and trade of felt for paper and pulp as a commissioned agent.

2007

Merger through absorption with Nippon Felt Shoji Co., Ltd.

1996

Relocated main office from Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo to Akabane, Minato-ku, Tokyo

1995

Kurobane Felt Co., Ltd. becomes our Tochigi Plant
April 1995, Kurobane Felt Co., Ltd. becomes Nippon Felt Co., Ltd. Tochigi Plant.

1990

Closing of Oji Plant

1988

Established Kurobane Felt Co., Ltd.
April 1988 - Established Kurobane Felt Co., Ltd. as subsidiary, began operations in April 1989.

1969

Merged with Saitama Felt Co., Ltd., which become our Saitama Plant
April 1, 1969 - Merged with Saitama Felt Co., Ltd., which become the Nippon Felt Co., Ltd. Saitama Plant.

1968

Established Taiwan Fabrics and Felts Inc. as a Japan-Taiwan venture in Taoyuan City, Taiwan
September 1968 - Established Taiwan Fabrics and Felts Inc. as a Japan-Taiwan venture in Taoyuan City, Taiwan operations began in 1970.

1961

Established Saitama Felt Co., Ltd.
April 1961 - Established Saitama Felt Co., Ltd. as subsidiary, began operations in December of that year at 88Haramamuro, Konosu, Saitama Prefecture.

1949

Through the Business Reconstruction and Adjustment Law, the Ichikawa Plant was separated and established as Ichikawa Wool Textile Co., Ltd.
In 1949, through the Business Reconstruction and Adjustment Law, the Ichikawa Plant was separated as the core entity used to establish a second company, Ichikawa Wool Textile Co., Ltd.

1942

Merged with Tokyo Mofu Co., Ltd. and acquired the Ichikawa Plant
In 1942, merged with competitor Tokyo Wool Textile Co., Ltd. and acquired their Ichikawa Plant. In 1943, merged with Nippon Special Textiles Co., Ltd. and acquired the Gifu Plant but the Gifu Plant was transferred to another party in 1944 upon recommendation by the Marine authorities.

1919

Oji Plant began operations
Constructed Oji Plant and began operations in 1919. Facilities continuously upgraded and expanded. By 1937, had gained a 70% share of domestic demand for felts for papermaking.

1917

Nippon Felt Co., Ltd. established in Oji-machi, Kitatoshima-gun, Tokyo
The country had previously been dependent on overseas imports for the major of felts for papermaking but after the start of WWI, the country faced the danger of a halt to imports. In response, based on a proposal by papermaking companies and paper industry parties such as Oji, Fuji, Karafuto Kogyo, and Mitsubishi, Nippon Felt was established with capital of 1 million yen at 208 Oji-machi, Kitatoshima-gun, Tokyo on June 30, 1917.

ページの先頭へ戻る